As if you didn’t already have enough soccer to watch with a full slate of World Cup group stage matches on (don’t forget our sponsor Piper’s Pub is open for all World Cup matches!) — all of the local teams Riverhounds SC, Steel City FC and Fort Pitt Regiment are in action this weekend too.
The only team that’s playing at home are Fort Pitt Regiment, who first travel to Westminster College for Friday night’s match vs Syracuse FC, then play at Highmark Stadium on Sunday for a return match against FC Buffalo, who they beat 2-0 in May.
#PghSoccer Weekend Schedule (June 22-24)
Friday, June 22
7 p.m. – Fort Pitt Regiment vs Syracuse FC, at Westminister College, Burry Field
- The Regiment, now 4-3 in NPSL‘s East Conference Division, will be looking to end a three-game skid after starting the season unbeaten.
- Follow along with Fort Pitt’s twitter handle: @FtPittRegiment
Saturday, June 23
5 p.m. – Steel City FC at Cincinnati Sirens FC, Lakota West High School
SCFC are currently 2-3-0, good for sixth place in nine team Ohio Valley Conference in WPSL
- Rachael McKriger will have a game recap here on Pittsburgh Soccer Now
- You can get updates from Steel City’s twitter account here: @SteelCityFC
7:30 p.m. – Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC at Charleston Battery
- Check out preview podcast here, as Justin sits down with Jonathan, who covers Charleston Battery for Black and Yellow Post, and together they break down what to expect from this weekend’s upcoming match up.
- A scouting report for Charleston will be coming from Riverhound Rabbi Mark Goodman as well as the preview and live game file will be posted on our site on Saturday
- Game is televised on Pittsburgh’s CW
- Steel Army is hosting a watch party at Smokin’ Joes
Sunday, June 24
2 p.m. – Fort Pitt Regiment vs FC Buffalo, Highmark Stadium
- We are planning to make it out to provide coverage of the Regiment’s rematch with Buffalo.
In addition, we are looking forward to providing on-site coverage from the Hounds next road game — at Louisville City FC on Wednesday afternoon (3 p.m. kickoff). More details to follow!