Pitt (4-5, 1-3 ACC) vs Columbia (4-2-1, 1-0-0 Ivy)
Tuesday, Oct. 2 at 7 p.m. at Ambrose Urbanic Field in the Petersen Sports Complex.
9:49 – FINAL — Pitt 1, Columbia 0
For the second consecutive year, Pitt beats the Ivy League Columbia Lions.
9:33 – GOAL – Pitt – 1-0
PEREZ FINDS SENA ARBONA!!!!
9:01 – Play to resume shortly
7:55 – The game is now in a lightning delay shortly after the 2nd half kicked off
7:32 – Halftime score: Pitt 0, Columbia 0
6:30 – Due to impending weather, they have moved the kickoff of the match up to 6:40 p.m.
LAST TIME OUT
· Pitt recorded a 2-0 loss to No. 11 Virginia Friday, Sept. 28 at Ambrose Urbanic Field.
· The Cavaliers scored two second half goals to earn the victory over the Panthers.
· Senior Javi Perez led Pitt with three shots in the match. Sophomores Edward Kizza, Marcony Pimentel and Jose Luis Sena Arbona recorded two shots each, with freshman Jackson Walti adding one shot.
SURVEYING THE STATS
· Six different Panthers have scored a goal so far this season in Kizza, Perez, Pimentel, Walti redshirt senior Robby Dambrot and redshirt freshman Fiorre Mane.
· Kizza leads the team with six scores, followed by Perez and Pimentel with two. Dambrot, Mane and Walti have each netted one goal apiece.
· Pitt has also seen seven players record assists on the season.
· Sophomore Alexander Dexter leads the squad with three assists, followed by Pimentel with two. Dambrot, Sena Arbona and freshmen Nyk Sessock, Alec Townsend and Chandler Vaughn have all added one helper each.
THE SERIES – COLUMBIA
· The Panthers and Lions have met just once before in program history, with Pitt owning a 1-0-0 record against Columbia.
· The teams’ lone meeting came Tuesday, Oct. 3, 2017 in New York, N.Y., with the Panthers earning a 1-0 victory over then-ranked No. 13 Columbia.
SCOUTING THE LIONS
· Columbia enters Tuesday’s match with a 4-2-1 [1-0-0 Ivy League] record, most recently earning a 3-1 win over Brown Saturday, Sept. 29 in Providence, R.I.
· The Lions are led by head coach Kevin Anderson, who is in his 10th season with the program. Anderson has compiled a 76-62-20 (.544) overall record during his time with Columbia.
· Through seven games, senior Kynan Rocks leads the team with three goals, followed by junior Danny Laranetto with two scores. Five other players have also added one goal apiece for the Lions.
· In goal, senior Dylan Castanheira has started all seven matches for Columbia, collecting two shutouts while recording 18 saves and allowing five goals.