Pitt (7-7, 2-4 ACC) vs Duke (8-4-1, 3-2-0 ACC)
· Pitt earned a 3-2 victory over Temple Monday, Oct. 15 at Ambrose Urbanic Field.
· The Panthers saw goals from three different players in senior Javi Perez and sophomores Alexander Dexter and Edward Kizza, with Dexter and Perez also adding one assist each.
· Senior Robby Dambrot led the team with three shots, followed by Kizza and Perez with two each. Dexter, seniors Joshua Gaspari and Tom Moxham and freshman Jackson Walti also contributed one shot apiece.
SURVEYING THE STATS
· Eight different Panthers have scored a goal so far this season in Dambrot, Dexter, Kizza, Perez, Walti, sophomores Marcony Pimenteland Jose Luis Sena Arbona and redshirt freshman Fiorre Mane.
· Kizza leads the team with 12 goals, followed by Perez with four and Pimentel with two. Dambrot, Dexter, Mane, Sena Arbona and Walti have each netted one goal apiece.
· Pitt has also seen 10 players record assists on the season.
· Dexter leads the squad with four assists, followed by Perez with three and Dambrot, Pimentel and Sena Arbona with two. Moxham, Walti and freshmen Nyk Sessock, Alec Townsend and Chandler Vaughn have all added one helper each.
THE SERIES – DUKE
· The Panthers and Blue Devils have met just six times in program history, with Duke holding a 5-0-1 all-time series edge against Pitt.
· Most recently, then-ranked No. 19 Duke took a 2-0 win over the Panthers Friday, Oct. 6, 2017 in Pittsburgh.
· In 2016, Pitt tied the Blue Devils 1-1 in Durham, N.C.
SCOUTING THE BLUE DEVILS
· Duke enters Friday’s match with an 8-4-1 [3-2-0 ACC] record, most recently suffering a 1-0 loss to High Point Tuesday, Oct. 16 in Durham, N.C.
· The Blue Devils are currently ranked 14th in the United Soccer Coaches Poll, and have ranked as high as second in the nation during the year.
· Duke is led by head coach John Kerr, who is in his 11th season with the program. Kerr has compiled a 108-74-26 (.582) record with the Blue Devils and a 189-133-39 (.578) career record.
· Through 13 games, junior Daniele Proch leads the team with 11 goals. Eight other players have also scored at least one goal for the Blue Devils.
· In goal, Will Pulisic has started all 13 matches for Duke, recording three shutouts while collecting 37 saves and allowing 18 goals.
· The Panthers will travel to Morgantown, W.Va., to face the Mountaineers Tuesday, Oct. 23 at 7 p.m.