Tuesday’s first round in the 2020-21 NCAA Division I Women’s Soccer Championship saw 16 teams play in a slate of eight games. Iowa, South Florida, Denver, Ole Miss, New Mexico, Rutgers, South Alabama and Washington are the first eight teams to advance to the second round. Ole Miss and Nevada escaped penalty shootouts with victories.
The other eight first round games will be played, Wednesday, April 28, including Penn State, who will take on Alabama State.
Here’s what happened on Tuesday:
- Iowa def. Campbell 1-0
- South Florida def. Central Connecticut State 3-0
- Denver def. Loyola Chicago 3-1
- Ole Miss def. Bowling Green 0-0 (4-3 PKs)
- New Mexico def. Navy 1-1 (4-2 PKs)
- Rutgers def. Southeastern Louisiana 1-0
- South Alabama def. Colorado 1-0
- Washington def. Liberty 3-0
⚽️ Bracket Update ⚽️
— NCAA Soccer (@NCAASoccer) April 28, 2021
The winners of the first round matchups will advance to the second round, where the 16 seeded teams will begin their participation in the championship bracket. Second round games will kick off starting Friday, April 30.
Here’s how the second round matchups are looking. All times ET:
- No. 2 North Carolina vs. Denver | 3 p.m. on April 30 | Watch live
- No. 3 UCLA vs. Iowa | 3 p.m. on April 30 | Watch live
- No. 7 Texas A&M vs. South Florida | 3 p.m. on April 30 | Watch live
- No. 8 Southern California vs. Ole Miss | 6 p.m. on April 30
- No. 4 TCU vs. New Mexico | 6 p.m. on April 30
- No. 14 Clemson vs. Rutgers | 7 p.m. on April 30 | Watch live
- No. 10 Oklahoma State vs. South Alabama | 7 p.m. on April 30 | Watch live
- No. 15 St. Louis vs. Washington | 7 p.m. on April 30 | Watch live