Click here to find the WPIAL Class 1A Girls Soccer bracket for the 2021 playoff tournament.
First Round – All games to be played on Saturday, October 23
Greensburg Central Catholic are reigning section and WPIAL champs — but Springdale have been neck-and-neck with the Centurians this season, claiming a share of the section title. Bishop Canevin completed an impressive 11-0-1 section campaign, and could be a team to watch in this tournament. Steel Valley’s Kelsey Salopek has been a scoring machine to lead the way to another Section title, but Chartiers-Houston have alslo had an outstanding season, holding the only win in section vs SV this Fall.
Last year, especially with the departure of Shady Side Academy moving up to Class 2A, the competition become more fiece and when the smoked cleared after the first two rounds, two teams from Section 3 made it to the semifinals (OLSH and Riverside). This year, Freedom, a high scoring outfit which have won a pair of WPIAL titles in recent years (2016 and 2018) are right back in the mix, finishing 10-0 in section (12-3 overall).
- Greensburg Central Catholic
- Steel Valley
- Bishop Canevin
Anticipated Playoff schedule:
- 1st Round: Saturday, October 23
- Greensburg CC vs Eden Christian
- Riverside vs Winchester Thurston
- Bishop Canevin vs OLSH
- Freedom vs Aquinas Academy
- Springdale vs Bentworth
- Seton LaSalle vs Serra Catholic
- Steel Valley vs Riverview
- Chartiers-Houston vs South Side Beaver
- Quarterfinal Round Wednesday, October 27
- Semifinal Round Saturday, October 30
- Final Friday/Saturday, November 5-6 (TBA)
PIAA Playoffs — brackets announced on Sunday, November 7 — with first round to begin Tuesday, November 9