Riverhounds SC Head Coach Bob Lilley met with the media on a Zoom call on Wednesday for what has become a regular weekly ritual this season.
Here are some of the items that Lilley discussed:
- How well his club had defended this year, stating that ‘defending is effort’ and praised his group thus far this year for working ‘collectively well’ defensively this season.
- His team’s effort in the last match, and if there’s been any concerns about complacency vs playing with a sense of urgency as they’ve wrapped up a playoff berth
- Takeaways on midseason additions Albert Dikwa and Patrick Bunk-Andersen — and about Danny Vitiello getting the bulk of minutes as the Hounds keeper during the club’s 480+ minute shutout streak
- Lilley was also asked about how the Riverhounds SC have responded to the news that last Saturday’s opponents, Loudoun United FC, had someone from within their organization test positive for COVID-19, forcing the postponement of a few of their upcoming matches.
Bob Lilley, Riverhounds SC Head Coach on Zoom call this afternoon:
said in light of past Saturday's opponent Loudoun United FC having positive COVID-19 case, all Hounds players/coaches were tested Monday. So far, he said all results that have come back are negative.
— John Krysinsky (@JohnKrysinsky) September 23, 2020
- Lilley also addressed what he’s going to expect from Hartford Athletic this coming Saturday, in their third and final showdown with the Hounds this season.