The Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC (14-8-6, 48 points) have not won a match since early September, and it appears that taking the top spot in the division may be out of reach (now 10 points behind Tampa Bay) but they’re still in pretty solid position to clinich a playoff berth as the top four teams in the division have clearly separated from the bottom four.
Following its 3-2 loss at Miami FC on Saturday, here’s the latest on the Hounds playoff clinching status.
Playoff Clinching Scenarios
The Hounds will be able to clinch their fourth consecutive playoff berth Sunday, depending on the results of games involving the Charleston Battery and Hartford Athletic.
Both of those teams play twice this week, including a head-to-head meeting at 2 p.m. Sunday.
• If the Hounds win Sunday, they will clinch UNLESS either Charleston or Hartford win both their matches
• If the Hounds draw Sunday, they clinch if Charleston fails to win either match AND Hartford fails to get at least four points (win + draw).
• If the Hounds lose Sunday, they clinch if Charleston loses both matches or loses and draws AND Hartford fails to win either of their matches.
USL Championship Atlantic Division Standings
|1||Tampa Bay Rowdies||26||19||6||1||27||58||
|2||The Miami FC||27||14||7||6||14||48||
|3||Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC||28||14||8||6||14||48||
|7||New York Red Bulls II||27||5||16||6||-28||21||
|8||Loudoun United FC||25||3||19||3||-38||12||
Hounds Remaining Schedule
- Tampa Bay (Home) Sunday, October 10 6 p.m.
- Miami FC (Away) Saturday, October 16 7:30 p.m.
- Charleston (Home) Saturday, October 23 7 p.m.
- Hartford (Home) Saturday, October 30 7 p.m.
Sounding Off on Soccer
PSN contributors Mark Goodman and Matt Popchock joined John Krysinsky for our first episode of Sounding Off on Soccer to discuss the Hounds current situation and more!