The NCAA Women’s Soccer Tournament Third Round — the Sweet 16 — is being played at various sites in and around Cary, North Carolina.
Among the match-ups, No. 9 Penn State women’s soccer team came up short against the ACC champions and No. 1 overall seed Florida St on Wednesday, May 5 at 3 p.m. ET in the third round of the NCAA Tournament.
The Nittany Lions (12-3-1) took the early lead as Frankie Tagliaferri scored in the 20th minute. The Seminoles came roaring back, with the equalizer coming from Kristina Lynch in the 31st minute, then they broke the tie in the second half with a pair of goals from Clara Robbins and Gabby Carle. The Seminoles remain unbeaten (13-0-0) as they’ll now face Duke in the Fourth Round on Sunday.
Here is the schedule for the third round. The later games will be played at 6 p.m. and 9 p.m.
- FINAL: No. 9 seed Duke 1, Ole Miss 0
- FINAL: No. 7 seed Texas A&M 3, No. 10 seed Oklahoma State 3 (PKs)
- FINAL: No. 1 seed Florida State 3, Penn State 1
- FINAL: No. 2 seed North Carolina 1, Washington 0
- FINAL: No. 4 seed TCU 1, No. 13 seed Georgetown 1 (3-1 in PKs)
- FINAL: No. 14 seed Clemson 1, No. 3 seed UCLA 1 (6-5 in PKs)
- FINAL: Virginia 3, Rice 0
- FINAL: No. 11 seed Santa Clara 2, No. 6 seed Arkansas 0
Here is the schedule for the quarterfinals. All times ET.
- No. 1 Florida State vs. No. 9 Duke | 1 p.m. on May 9
- No. 2 North Carolina vs. No. 7 Texas A&M | 1 p.m. on May 9
- No. 11 Santa Clara vs. No. 14 Clemson | 5 p.m. on May 9
- No. 4 TCU vs. Virginia | 5 p.m. on May 9